Thursday 16 July 2015

Age of Sigmar: the rationality

The recent release of Age of Signar has caused a massive disturbance in the warhammer fantasy community. If your an active part of this community, you would have seen it.

I got into a discussion with someone from up North last night who fully supported Age of Sigmar, and as someone who had played WHFB for the past 2 decades, he had perspective on the change of the game. 

Now for those of you who know me personally, you know I am very opionated and passionate, and am more stubborn then the dwarfs I play. For me personally, Age of Sigmar has taken away from Fantasy, the, well, fantasy of it. It's like giving a child a 3 scoop ice cream come, then taking it back, eating the ice cream, and just leaving the kid the cone.

Now don't get me wrong, by all means I am all for change, but there is a difference between changing up an edition and releasing an entirely knew gaming system, which lets be honest, is what AoS is.

The person I spoke with asked people not to 'bemoan' the game as it will put others off from trying it, and to just speak about the games that we do enjoy. Does this mean I am not entitled to civilly voice my opinion on a game that 10years ago became a huge part of my life, and has now been torn from me?

It seems Games Workshop has a thing for aggravating their customers on a global proportion, a model that any other same business person wouldn't go for, yet it seems to work for GW.

All I can say about GW, is they are the iceberg, and we the consumers are the Titanic, and this movie is on fucking repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment